Sunday, June 1, 2008

Tell me if this sounds creepy

I am thinking of accepting a job as a paid forum poster.

It sounds kind of weird at first but when I crunched the numbers at the rate that I can post stuff (by the way they calculate payment) I will actually be paid pretty good money for the kind of stuff I do all the time anyway.

I am mainly trying to get a feedback profile on this one freelancing site, and this seemed like one of the easier ones.

It is only going to be on parenting issues, not some of the ones that have an agenda like how great Communist China is (seriously, the chicoms pay Americans to post stuff on blogs and forums favorable to them) so I figure I won't be actually pulling the wool over anyone's eyes at least in spirit, I will make it seem like I am actually trying to contribute to discussions, or I won't do it.

1 comment:

morganspice said...

Well I was serious I would like feedback if anyone has an opinion about whether they would think it was uncool to post for money.

I know that it will probably technically seem like anyone doing this because some would portray it as being a poser or a spammer.

I accepted the job, mainly because I really want to get serious about transitioning to a paid freelancer rather than just rely on the trickle of pennies that my blogs or online articles get.

It will be kind of an interesting education, at least, because I am pretty sure that a lot of the forum posts that I read are probably the same thing.

But even if it takes me longer than it does the rest of them I won't resort to just spamming the forums, I won't do it if I know I am being a pesky annoyance or just a schill for some website or company.