Saturday, June 21, 2008

Lazy summer week




So I guess I haven't posted since last Saturday. Not too much is happening, but mainly I've been busy with my first official paid writing gig. Not exactly my first, but my first decent job in a while I would say that is specifically for my writing. I had to write sixty articles (web content) on snoring. It was a snoozer, and I'm glad it's over and money in the bank, etc. It was about one fillup.

The boys dove into their first summer camp experience, their big basketball camp here at PacU. Archer won a basketball for being 'Camper of the Year.' I took a pic but it isn't very good, you can see him up against the wall and chase in the front row. Chase also won something.

More progress on the deck, hope it is done before any of you come to see us so we can have some nice space to hang in the gorgeous weather. I also took a pic of my big raspberry forest. I don't believe in high maintenance gardening, anything that involves making work for myself, but this has been great because all I have to do is keep the blackberries out and give it water about once a month and now I have a huge forest where it produces about a pint a day for a month. Somehow they are really hearty stalks too.

3 comments:

Donna said...

If I were going to give an award for Campers of the Century, the Morgan kids would win every time!

Wow Carol - SIXTY articles? In one week??? that is truly amazing. I don't even know enough about snoring to fill ONE article. You must have put in tons of hours to do it in one week - -and taking no time out for snoring!!!

Where can I read them? Jim snores so loud he wakes me up sometimes. Would love to know how to tone him down!

Sandy said...

I am jealous of your raspberry forest! Did I read you correctly, you have to keep the blackberries out? Do
they grow like weeds up there?
This is the time of year that we in az curse our ancestors for coming here and not giving us enough brains to move out.
We can't even get weeds to grow! I should post a pic of our dead,dried weeds.

Sandy H.

morganspice said...

Hi Sandy! Welcome to the blogosphere! Yeah the blackberries are actually really tough vines with thorns that choke everything else out. Raspberries are more like canes or tall thin bushes than vines. I like blackberries but the key is to pick them from somewhere else besides your own property because they take over and become a big thorny mess.