Sunday, June 8, 2008

Band and dance

I am going to post the videos for this hopefully Sunday and so am posting now just because I want to force myself to get around to it. Will put the vids on later so check back.

Archer's band was totally awesome. They ended doing Iron Man by Black Sabbath. I would have thought that it was a bit dark for a talent show in a fifth grade honors class. But it went off pretty well. Archer's sunniess actualy went well with it. I also think they chose it because the kid who organizd the band is REALLY GOOD on electric guitar.

Archer did really good modulating the key to his range. Actually it sounded better than the original in my opinion they way they did the melody.

Chase is going to have to beef up his contribution because I don't really think Ukelele worked in this arrangement. We will have to consider getting him a base guitar or something if they get serious about it, which of course I am encouraging though I am not sure psychadelic rocker music is going to be their thing, at least I hope not.

Also Sadie had her tap class recital on Sunday and Drake had a band concert so I will post a few of those clips hopefully if you can bear with my self indulgent proud parent type of post.

I wasnt THAT proud of Sadie because she all of a sudden the day of the dress rehearsal let me know that she couldn't find any tap shoes except two right shoes of different sizes. I had bought a bunch from a thrift store once so I bought them thinking that would save having to spend tons of money on new ones, though I almost went out and plunked down today because I was so embarrassed.

Good thing her costume was this fake raincoat and boots thing. Silly costume but it is pretty easy to have it look cute when it is a bunch of tap dancing girls.

Archer agreed to let me put him in a dance class next year and that will be a good time. He will be perfect. Like the boy version of Shirley Temple at least with the attitude.

No comments: