Thursday, June 26, 2008

Slade out of the country

I am not really able to handle Slade travelling, so we have really insisted that he not do much of it. He could probably be making more money if he was willing to but there are certain things that aren't worth getting paid more for us. Both of us hate HIM to travel, I hate him to be gone and he hates to go. So whatever the career consequences, he tells them not to send him anywhere.

But this week he had to go to Malaysia even though he had them defer the trip for about a year now. It is so freaky. He went to Israel a few years ago and I watched CNN Headline news obsessively for the breaking news of a terrorist bombing. So that's what I will be doing this week. If anyone wants to join me, doing that or at least prayer, they are certainly welcome. It doesn't really help me feel better about it that he was looking up life insurance policies the night before he left.

7 comments:

Donna said...

I think the Morgans who remain in the country should pack up and head to Utah for a visit!!

Seriously, we'd love to see you!

morganspice said...

Yeah that would totally be great. I am trying to get revved up for the possibility of going to my twenty-year reunion in a month in AZ. Probably that won't happen. I wish it could. I would like to go. But we are just not good travelers anymore, plus there is one of us who really complicates things.

IandS said...

I really hate it when Isaac is out of town. Thankfully we are coming to the end of a 5-6 month stint. July 3rd I will no longer be a "single mum".
Where in Malaysia is Slade going to be? I lived in Penang for a while.

morganspice said...

Man, 5-6 months!

If that had happened to me you guys would be able to hear the whining DOWN THERE!

And my kids aren't really even hard to handle anymore, they can pretty much do everything themselves that doesn't involve a credit card or a parent's signature.

I just don't like the feeling of being on my own without having a partner to talk things over with. Yuck the word partner is sounding nasty these days even to use in the sense of just someone to do something with jointly.


He's going to Malaysia. I wanted to go with him. He didn't think I should because he will have to be busy all hours of the day including arranged meals and social activities, and that I would just have to stay alone in the hotel the whole time.

Sounds pretty good to me!

morganspice said...

Sorry, he's going to Penang. Anyy suggestions of something he should see? I am assuming he will be right downtown or wherever the Intel is for most of the time, though.

IandS said...

I'm not sure of much to do in Penang. I always like old markets and such when I travel which I don't think would be Slade's cup of tea. I was last there 14 years ago so I'm sure it has changed a great deal. I was working for a choreographer as his assistant when they were opening some new theaters there and spent a lot of time inside a dark auditorium.
We were warned NOT to swim at the beach because they had trouble with water snakes - eek! but we did hike in the rain forest and up the waterfalls which was amazing.

morganspice said...

Uh oh. Water snakes does not sound good. Another reason for me to be afraid of natural bodies of water esp oceans. I am actually deathly afraid of water and watercraft. Told him to stop snorkeling or whatever. There were sharks. Bad Slade. He did go to church yesterday which I can't wait to hear about.