Monday, May 12, 2008

Who would Jesus bomb

This is not exactly readable yet but a lot closer. It belongs on the other blog tho I am not sure because I try to keep religion off that one, but all kidding aside I don't know what I am doing. I wrote this at four in the morning without sleep for three days, which tends to really loosen me up creativity wise, but out of ten pages I end up with one or two ideas that I save. SO someday I will narrow them down to those.

http://thevonmorganstones.blogspot.com/2008/05/who-would-jesus-bomb.html

I am not usually prepared for how much I have to say about politics. And this post is about politics and religion and a bunch of other things, so the fact that it was five times longer than this probably isn't surprising.

Some would react with skepticism at hearing me say this, but but I am really not very political at all. The reason I think so is that conservatism itself is apolitical. As a very proud conservative I think that very few of the world's problems should be handled via government interference. It is bad for the citizens of those governments because it gives them more power that they usually end up abusing any power given even against the people who gave them the power. And it is bad for the causes themselves because government is bureaucratic and is centralized and therefore has it less of a chance at working effectively and efficiently. Kind of like how there is a tax increase to offer some paultry service: have your city government take a thousand dollars from you so they can give you back somthing you would pay fifty dollars for maybe. I would rather have a bunch of independent philanthropists come up with their own ideas and get them done because they could do so sooner than a government institution could get on their pantsuits and have meetings about it.

Obviously I have some strong feelings about politics, but usually they only come out in response to something that sets me off and then I have all kinds of things pour out, especially when I am sleep deprived. It is no surprise at all that when I used to sleep once a week I was checked out. Hard to believe I survived it. As is the case with many of my posts, they aren't worth reading until I have at least about a week to come back and look at them. I wish it worked to just have it in Word and fix it before I post it but it doesn't. Until I get an editor, which hopefully someday I will, I will have to rely on telling people not to read stuff until a week after I post it. It is a wonder that I can win online writing contests because my first few drafts are always total garbage.


Now I realize that many of them are never worth reading, but I am not sure exactly which ones and am working on that at least through this process. I truly appreciate those of you who plow through what are largely total garbage at hopes of something that maybe someday I will refine into much more. But I think I am very quickly improving. I am doing really well on my other sites and show promise for doing even better. I aim too high is one of my problems. It is very hard to say something different or original that even makes any sense at all. And of course not everything I say makes sense, but from what I have heard I am getting there and at least much of it is indeed shockingly original, which is very hard.

This year has been a real blessing because I have found a great outlet for possibly doing this on the scale that really will meet my goals and obligations. Helium is actually a way that I can get real readership and at least cover my costs if not actually someday get paid for real. What is in my P.B. plus messages I have gotten ever since make me feel very compelled to keep trying to as it says 'spend my life in education of myself and others.' I would actually be quite relieved if this online stuff ended up being the way to do that so I didn't have to keep trying to go back to school. I am getting a little bit tired of all of that jumping through hoops. Many aspects of it I am good at but I really don't actually like spending two hours each way to get into class and our prospects of moving are getting rather poor, sadly. This would be kind of an end run around all of that. But many of my writer idols like Barbara Tuchman are actually just very well educated journalists and don't have Ph.D's. Slade still wants to be able do introduce us as "Mr. and Dr. Morgan," but it probably won't be worth the price.

2 comments:

jph3 said...

Hey there - I like the new format. Looks great.

Good thoughts on this post, I like the stuff about gossip - such an interesting thing in the church. I also LOL'ed about the canning. haha.

This is a great line: "WISDOM is being able to defend one's position, if it is worth having at all."

morganspice said...

I wish there was a better way to discuss things than 'going negative' myself, and believe me I wouldn't mention politics at all other than I really feel the need to take the other side of certain issues. It doesn't pay off for me really. But there were some people in my life that have been there to do the same for me, and I am sure glad.

No one in I know is particularly way out there, but also since going to grad school know how far other people with certian politcs are really going to take certain things if they had the ability.

They actually admit the desire to implement Marx's three pronged attack on society, to implement communism: no God, no family and no country.

So I know how far things could change, and it isn't going to change little by little, and it is likely only going to change when there is indirect progress toward other things like climate change. And hearing McCain today was really discouraging. It was like a dead fish beating a dead horse.

I especially feel vulnerable to how precarious things can be lately, and I want to be an advocate for the good things. Good church, good country, good family, good home, good opportunities, good jobs, good technology, good progress in health care, good things to learn about. Usually I can tell who I am going to agree with by whether they are saying something is good or complaining that something is bad.

The only bad things out there that anyone can do anything about, are bad philosophies of men, and we have all been given the task to learn what the philosophies of men are so we can know to look out for so they won't get us in trouble.

This isn't just my job, of course, and you are clearly a thinker yourself. I would be glad to think that I have developed some skills that I could employ, because not everyone has the same skills. General conference tends to be as I think I mentioned more of a leadership thing than a 'hash out ideas' thing. And there is a time for both, and I feel that there is room for me to make myself useful if I choose at the things I want, I don't feel at all marginalized. In fact quite the opposite, there is too much to do in life already. And of course I have a lot to learn.

I find that improving my personal philosophy helps me feel even better about life and other people because many problems in the world are of knowledge and problems between people are of understanding. I think people feel better as they understand each other better, so the more open communication the better. I am not sure who I reach by long rambling posts but as I said I am working on that and usually the issues that are worth solving are fairly complex.