Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I give up as a parent. SERIOUSLY

I have been riding myself with guilt because of all the things I thought I could be teaching my kids and wasn't either because of my own laziness or their intransigence. Particularly music, because I have a few things to teach there. I have every once in a while gotten a bee in my bonnet and tried to pass on a few things but mostly I was figuring my children's childhoods were going by and I wasn't doing my job.

Then today Archer informs me that he and his friends formed a band, and he is lead vocals and keyboard, and Chase is ukelele. They are performing "Eye of the tiger" at the end of the year talent show.

EXCUSE ME?

Apparently at some point in their just ten plus years they learned to just decide what they wanted to do and go do it, and acquired the competence to independent of my teaching them, and I don't really have much to say about it one way or the other.

In a way it is disturbing, and in a way it is a giant weight off of my mind.

I am glad he slipped and told me what date it is because I will definitely be there to tape it and post it for you, whether it is any good or not. Because I sure won't believe it until I see it myself.

1 comment:

jph3 said...

LOL - Can't wait for the video!!