Monday, May 26, 2008

Preteen humor

It is fun now that my kids are getting actually funny and not just funny to ME because of course they are my wonderful children, who can do no wrong. Well, actually I have always thought they could do wrong but....

Anyway we were listening to one of Slade's famous 80's mixes in the car the other day and to that song "King of Pain" Drake changed the lyrics to

"There's a little African American spot on the sun today."

He's got ther PC thing down, apparently.

Update, Drake's little joke got me thinking about euphemism and taboo speech, and I posted about it in my random thoughts blog, link to the left. I don't post on that one very often, and it isn't usually very readable when I do, but I think this is quite interesting.

6 comments:

jph3 said...

LOL - That's a great song. You had that record when we were little and I remember listening to it thinking Sting's accent was funny . . . "tares a leetal black spot on the sun toodeeeeee. It's the same old tin az yestrdeeeeeeee."

Donna said...

Sting? Who's Sting???

Now, if we're talkin' Allman Brothers . . .

My kids all have 70's rock trivia in their repertoire - I heard Jake telling a friend "Did you know the Allman Brothers were the first band to have dual lead guitars?"

I have indoctrinated them well. . .

morganspice said...

Sting is '80's. He is actually still pretty big, and he's pretty good. Poet quality lyrics and pretty good music.

Real name is Gordon Sumner, I think. I used to be pretty into The Police (his ban) when I was a preteen myself.

Slade has a bunch of '80's/mixes that he has downloaded fro Itunes. He names them all funny things, like Balls of Glory. Somehow derivative of the songs on it but I am not sure how on that one.

jph3 said...

Truth be told, Sting is in my cd player right now. Well, ok not Sting himself, but you know, a CD of Sting's. (yes, I know, CD is sooooo 90's.)

He is one of my favorite "artists" both the old stuff and the new.

I'm thinking about going to the Police's big shin-dig in central park later this year. Should be pretty cool.

I listen to the Allman Brothers too. Great guitarists.

morganspice said...

Hey, if you decide to go, maybe we can meet you there. That would be awesome. Slade is already scheming where to send me on vacation next. Actually, if it was the Police maybe he would come. That would be a blast.

morganspice said...

Hey, if you decide to go, maybe we can meet you there. That would be awesome. Slade is already scheming where to send me on vacation next. Actually, if it was the Police maybe he would come. That would be a blast.