Monday, May 19, 2008

Drake's trumpet lesson

So now that my insomnia jag is hopefully over I will be posting more normal things instead of the esoteric stuff. I always read it like I was reading someone else's writing. Some of it is interesting, some garbage, so I always need a filter a few days later. As I have said, it is always if you are going to put in the time to actuallywade through my posts to do it many weeks later. I get really frustrated that they won't just help me sleep at night. It ends up exacerbating all of my other problems when I go nearly a week at a time. The pain and sleep deprivation especially play off each other. But this is probably the more normal stuff that belongs on a family blog.

Drake has been first chair for most of this year, so I am pretty proud of his progress. He wouldn't play anything cool while I was taping, but this may give you an idea. He has managed to bypass the 'painfully squeaky and out of tune' phase that most trumpet players his age go through.

No comments: