Sunday, October 5, 2008

Lulu's developing design interest

Some of you may have seen some of Sadie's artwork. She seems to have inherited Slade's ability to think of funny little animals and stuff that he did when he was a kid. (Actually Chase can, too, he came up with this long-necked monster a few weeks ago in church that was HILARIOUS).

Anyway, she has adapted a rather interesting practical use of her artistic talents, which she obviously did NOT get from me! I can't even draw a straight line. She has started drawing clothing designs. She drew a dress that I would totally wear if I found it in the store.

I told her that if her dad teaches her to sew one of these days that I would help her produce some of her fashions to actually wear. That's would have to be one of the coolest things for a girl, to be able to say they designed and sewed their outfit! Also, I'm thinking that the name Sadie would be a great clothing label! Lowercase S with a flower over the I or something... who knows.

She is also very dedicated when she starts these designing projects, sitting down and getting really serious when she works and being very detail-oriented, something ELSE she didn't get from me.

I know I always think big for my kids but they are definitely special, like their father who I am still working on to encourage him to develop his potential that he doesn't believe in, so I am am trying to get the kids to work up something that avoids their being misplaced in mediocrity.

No comments: