Saturday, October 11, 2008

Be thankful for your appetites this thanksgiving

I got whiny and complainy about gaining some weight earlier this year and I am having to eat my words, and not much else. It is obvious that my appetite is a sign of whatever weird endocrine or other physical problem that I have and I don't appreciate how much better I feel when I am hungry because I have gotten so spoiled by being thin when I feel terrible that I am not happy that appetite obviously means better health.

All my extra weight has fallen off pretty rapidly lately, and while you would think that was good, it really is a terrible sign that I am going back into a rough patch. I can tell already. I have been really lucid for a while and sleeping great, getting lots of things pushed through with the kids including driving them to upteen activities, but I end up stopping everything because I can't handle it.

I feel a lot like those people from the House of Usher. They couldn't stand any light, sound, touch, or activity level. They just kind of went into this agoraphobic reclusive stupor. Of course there isn't really a specific treatment for
House of Usher disease, so I am kind of out of luck and forced to treat the symptoms like insomnia and trying to force enough food that I can walk across the house.

I should try to encorporate more exercise, and I think I did better when I was forced to go places on the bus, but it seems very averse to my energy level.

Anyway, next time I complain about getting fat, someone please tell me to shut up. It was kind of a pain to go shopping for the first time in three years and buy a bunch of clothes that now no longer fit. But I guess I will have something to wear if I start feeling better again.

No comments: