Thursday, July 10, 2008

Hey

Sorry no posting. I hate it when I go offline and my last few posts aren't very good. Anyway, nothing that wonderful to report. Slade's truck was a total loss. It was our first new car, and we shouldn't have bought it because we really couldn't afford it at the time. Less so now, obviously, since it has been a devastating few years to our finances. It even had that new car smell, well at least until we bought Harry it did.

We are going to have to buy one of those starving student specials, now. It is very strange being this poor. I never thought I would be at my age. But then again, I used to be very healthy.

So on the very small bright side, I got a pretty interesting freelancing job. I am being paid fifty dollars an article (way above my usual rate so far) to write travel articles about cities in Europe. I sent them some links of my Helium stuff and they loved it. They said I can work for them as long as I want. The money will be a drop in the bucket to all the money I have lit on fire in the last few years as the expenses of my medical bills and car wrecks have piled up.

Sorry to be depressing. I tried to take the edge off.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Sorry to hear about your car and the set back for your family. But, I am so relieved that you and the kids are O.K.. Great going on the freelance job! I,m the Lifestyle editor for my community college paper. We have visiting editors from the Arizona Republic come to see us all the time and they only offer about$70 per freelance article but there is no guarantee that they will buy the article or publish it. You can spend alot of time on it and have them change their minds!