Thursday, March 27, 2008

Poor Sad Harry and kids

Well we had a rather sad day today and things are still early so I am not sure what is going to happen as a result of recent events. Harry bit one of Sadie's friends. We are quite sure that it is because she has a dog that he keeps getting into tussles with in the alley, but it's still pretty bad. He is so gentle around us that we didn't see it coming, but we knew that he has had a history of desperately wanting to get in fights with other dogs.

It is probably another result of the sad neglectful history that he had before he came to us. He was owned by this operation ironically called 'luvabulldog' and the woman nor his Breeder named Rebecca Babb seem to know much about treatment or care of bullies.

He hadn't had a walk in the whole first year of his life, according to the woman who had him before me. He hadn't had proper vet care and was covered in bacterial and fungal infections that were obviously painful and irritating and causing him to walk with a limp. No one had bothered to housebreak him. He was just allowed to roam around out in the mud in a farm like a pig which is totally inappropriate for a bulldog's socialization. He is obviously not yet securely attached to us because he probably fears whatever kind of treatment and neglect he got at the breeder's.

I am not sure what is going to happen to poor Harry at this point. The only thing that luvabulldog has offered to do is take him back, and there's no way I am sending him back there for more. Very sad.

(Note to Google blog people, I had put up a bulldog blog where I discussed this issue, and luvabulldog successfully lobbied to have it taken down by you, despite the fact that it was a regular blog and the information was accurate. She didn't even have to demonstrate anything against the truthfullness of it as far as I know, all she did was asked and it was taken down without any warning. Neither this post nor my other blog was about personal revenge on Rhonda at Luvabulldog or her business, it was not personal nor did it involve any threats or libel, they have been about my own experience and perhaps to warn others that animals are being mistreated and that if they have a choice they might not want to support it. I didn't think that mentioning a business name critically was against your policy, though if you would like to let me know in what way I have violated your specific rules I will make any revisions. Please don't take this blog down without first contacting me as I have put a lot into it in many other posts as well. Thank you.)

2 comments:

jph3 said...

Hey there - Sorry to hear about Harry and the little girl. THat's a real bummer. Hope things turn out ok.

Shame on anyone who mistreats a dog like that!

morganspice said...

The good thing was she wasn't hurt at all, it was just scary and now we can't say we didn't know it would happen. He is pretty much going to have to stay in his kennel if people come over.