Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Insomnius Majorus

I wrote about this on facebook but some of you don't do facebook so I will double up on some of my posts.

I am finding that lately I have to eat constantly to even stop loosing weight. I am under my pre-pregnancy weight still by about five pounds even though I am eighteen weeks along. It is either a direct consequence or a co-symptom of my insomnia disorder. Probably whatever keeps me from sleeping also super charges my metabolism. It is most likely some sort of hyperadrenal situation where I have a zillion extra stress hormones coursing through my body and making me have a super high idle.

Also by the time I skip two, three or more nights of sleep it gets even harder to eat the minimum amount that I need to stay level. Food gets really disgusting sounding because all of my senses become super sensitive. Just like light gets too bright and noises too loud (known as my vampire syndrome by Slade) smells and tastes become way too intense and if I smell or eat the wrong thing I will puke and voila, negative caloric intake.

In the last year or so it has gotten so bad that I have had doctors apologize to me. Of course insomnia results in mock symptoms of mental disorders like mood disorders or general mental deterioration, but it is very obvious looking at me, much less keeping track of my schedule, that I am sick. Very simple, no fancy names or need for talking to therapists. Something is seriously wrong with me, and they can't do a darned thing about it.

No comments: