Tuesday, January 26, 2010

And also...

Also if anyone has guessed girl and has girls stuff that they may be retiring permanently, especially stuff that wouldn't be good enough to sell or whatever I have pretty much gotten rid of most of my girl things. I sent a big box to Rachel, to Sarah, have given some and will continue to since sadie is bigger than elle to Elle, plus a lot of other friends and people in the ward. I have also gotten rrid of things like car seats and baby swings. The money wouldn't be that big a part of t because I used to get it at garage sales mostly, but as I don't drive it will probably come to new or nothing, which is different than I have done any of the previous kids. So if anyone can help me out, for loan or if you are lightening up, much appreciated, you can't even know. In fact no one I am sure would haveto buy me anythng by the time people take inventory of their 4-6 kids' stuff. I will probably be ok if no one has anything but any old thing that I don't have to stress in preparationj would be great. I figure maybe I could get together with Rachel Bentley sometime ether in Utah maybe or online/on the phoneand give her a whole load of clothes from 4-10 in exchange for some baby and toddler girls stuff coming off the back end, what do you say? We tend to have pretty similar taste. Lots of gap. some Gymboree. etc, some really cute dresses, shoes and dressup things. I bought Sadie about four outfits in france with matching hats and kerchiefs and she grew out of them immediately. Sigh. Plus cute holiday dresses, etc. and ski stuff.

Slade is going to take his two months off and take two before the baby and we are going to make 6 months of meals and put them in the freezers. I am actually going to have a frozen food shower if anyone offers to throw me one. Frozen food, formula. baby food and diapers are the only things I want. Hand me downs if they must bring clothes or gear. And then he will be with me for the six weeks after the baby is born - the screaming weeks. It will be great not to be alone and feel trapped here with that young of a baby all day. The kiids will help a lot summers. weekends and evenings but I will be alone with the baby no car for a bit of time and it will be great to have slade ease me into it. If all this works out, it will be fine, if it doesn't I will be stressed but what else is new... If anyone wants to visit us while Slade s off work that would be fun and we could hang wth the new babe and cook things for the store.

3 comments:

JandS Morgan said...

Sadly my girl clothing and baby type equipment has been massively purged. I'll have to see what I have left. Definitely no swing or car seat.

Donna said...

I would love to come and hang with the Morgans - AND - the bonus: I LOVE to cook!

Carol - call me about when would be best!!!

xoxo

Donna

morganspice said...

Yes I was counting on your cooking especially your BULK BULK cooking. Your fancy stuff is ok but mainly we need to just survive.