Friday, April 30, 2010

General updating

Well some good stuff and bad stuff. Those that follow me on FB hear about it but the rest of you might not know what is going on with us so thought we'd summarize.

Archer did awesome with his first paid singing gig. He will next month be singing in Carnegie Hall. I wasn't well enough to go but we taped it and will soon load it.

I broke my leg and ankle in three places. Probably because my diet has led to my bones being decalcified like an old woman. My osteopath said it has been known to happen. So I will have surgery on Monday. Bummer but at least then I will start to heal. So if anyone would like to send a shower gift I am not asking for baby stuff but mom is doing something that I could use about as much as I can get.

She is paing for house cleaning. So if people want to go in on a merry maid day that would be perfect. I have had nothing to do but online shop and I got some amazing handmedowns from Slade's sis so I think I am set I just can't cook and clean. And boy I need to. There is also a place called dream dinners where you go and make a month of meals. Stuff like that, just survival mode basically here.

Sometimes there are hidden blessings to bad problems though. Slade is again proving what an amazing husband he is. I heard an early seventeenth century poem by Anne Bradstreet that I can't believe knew me and Slade way back when. He does things for me that I hate to do for myself and unflinchingly. Lifted a seven month preg me down into the tub today, etc.

"To My Dear and Loving Husband"
by Anne Bradstreet

If ever two were one, then surely we.
If ever man were loved by wife, then thee;
If ever wife was happy in a man,
Compare with me, ye women, if you can.
I prize thy love more than whole mines of gold
Or all the riches that the East doth hold.
My love is such that rivers cannot quench,
Nor ought but love from thee, give recompense.
Thy love is such I can no way repay,
The heavens reward thee manifold, I pray.
Then while we live, in love let's so persevere
That when we live no more, we may live ever.

So there are kindnesses. Slade's sis's stuff, mom's offer to clean my house, Donna coming to help, my ward is feeding us, many silver linings.

2 comments:

FabFrugalFood said...

Wow. I am so sorry you have been having so many troubles. I almost feel guilty, because I always had such easy pregnancies and deliveries.

Can't wait to see you and the kids. Still working out the dates and times, etc. --- will call you and Slade soon.

Please know that we love and miss all the Morgans.

Chin up!!!

Donna

Unknown said...

Please know that we love and miss all the Morgans.HolidayPalace
บาคาร่าออนไลน์