Monday, December 8, 2008

Sadie Concert Solo

I love it how Sadie pretends to be shy before she starts to sing. That at least won't be one of her problems...

Also it might be just me and my constant cynical humor but it seems like every Christmas concert reminds me of the Simpsons now! That classic first season Christmas special that captures every parent's experience going to see stuff their kids do at school and church concerts.

And because it's hard to make it out for various reasons (for one thing, I am on the wrong side of the piano), here's the words she was attempting to sing. Didn't nail all the French, but did ok for seven. And it piqued her curiosity, so she asked me to teach her some French, and it turned into about as much as a French 101 student knows. Seriously, my duaghter speaks as much French as a high school student. No lie. No paental bias. C'est vrai. Absoulutment.

Un flambeau, Jeanette, Isabelle --
Un flambeau! Courons au berceau!
C'est Jésus, bonnes gens du hameau.
Le Christ est né; Marie appelle!
Ah! Ah! Ah! Que la Mère est belle,
Ah! Ah! Ah! Que l'Enfant est beau!

No comments: