Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Esurientes (Vivaldi) solo by Archer

This is Archer singing, tho I should have gotten closer up on him. He is doing much better with his solos, every time he sings he improves. So I am excited to have him keep at it. FYI, he is the first singer, the soprano.

And it is interesting that Archer isn't necessarily the one of my boys that has the best singing voices. Well, he IS, one of the better out of three. But Chase has a nicer QUALITY voice. Actually Chase's voice is ABSOLUTELY beautiful to listen to. Nicer than Archer. And Drake has a spot on ear for pitch. Better than Archer. The best of the three.

But neither one of the two of them will be caught dead singing alone in public. Archer just has the performance-level confidence, so even though he doesn't have that much talent, he will probably end up doing the most with it. Like a ton. He is getting asked to do all kinds of singing gigs in all kinds of forms, because whatever his ability, people also like to watch him perform. He has that personality that people like to keep their eyes on, too.

He has a legendarily sunny personality. So much so that people I barely know who saw him do something come up to me and tell me how great he was, even though I know he is basically medium talent-wise. But personality and performing wise, he is the next Donny Osmond. So yes, we will be busy the next few years. But that is why actually that it frustrates me that he doesn't even consider himself a singer or performer. He is SO gender stereotyped that he really just considers himself an average guy. But really, I think that is also one of the reasons that people like to watch him sing. If he was a fruity tooty kind of singer or actor kid, then people would be a bit turned off by him. They know that he is just a regular boy, very boyISH if you know what I mean, he doesn't get his abilities from having girl-type interests, he is 100 pure guy and just happens to sing and perform.

Slade and I don't really know where that came from. I mean in terms of ability to perform... Slade is very "guyish" also, not a bit of effeminateness in him if I turned him upside down to smoke it out of him. All my boys are so boyish it isn't even a contest. The gender constructionists are absolutely clueless. NO CHANCE that anyone drummed their lone rangerish guyness into them. It was all there.

But I have an ok ear for music, but I am not a performer. And Slade isn't either. I mean if Slade's genes were in him he would be hiding his head in the sand like the other two, even if he was that good of a singer. Interesting...




Also I was regretting stopping it before all the applause, and didn't tape when he had them bow at the end with the other soloists because it was cool to hear all the people hooting and hollering for him...

No comments: