Sunday, April 20, 2008

If it's not Scottish...

Well I am winding up my trip in Edinburgh. I was lucky to get here because I took a long bus ride with some Scottish guy that had to pull over and look at the map on the way.

I liked my first two experiences staying in hostels but the last one is pretty bad. Still, 11 pounds a night can be pretty bad and still be worth it because of the exchange rate.

In a gift shop yesterday I saw a sign that said 'there will be no alcholol sales before 12:30 p.m. on Sundays. Needless to say that didn't affect my travel plans that much.

Man, I am in cool accent heaven out here. I could barely undertsand most people that I talked to. There was one hillarious incident on the bus where a bunch of rowdy scotts got on and one had a restaraunt glass full of beer that he continued to down on the drive. I wish I had videoed that.

3 comments:

JandS Morgan said...

I met a scottish girl when I was 12 that I couldn't understand at all. Her brogue was not at all like Mr. Scotts on Star Trek :)

Donna said...

What an adventure you are having!

Do you find that UK'ers like Americans, or like to bash us?

Anyone talking about the US presidential race? or are they sick of it like we are?

morganspice said...

They seem to be following it more closely than I am, it is quite funny.

And most of the people my age or younger are pretty down on the us. I had a conversation with a few of them, they were quite surprised at their inability to actually defend their position, it seemed - probably because they never hear the other side and don't need to.