Friday, February 1, 2008

One Chase left behind

As he typically might report around state testing time, Chase came bounding in the house enthusiastically today and told me 'Mom, I got third place on the state reading test! ...Oh, yeah, and Archer got first!"

Usually second or third is the best he gets because of his twin who has tended to take the world by storm his whole life. I am more impressed about Chase's good nature about the situation, though, which he doesn't usually even get credit for. People have plainly stated 'I want my son to be just like Archer, etc.' I think Archer tends to give off a certain image, and for some reason people usually assume that he is also the better natured child, too. Kind of unfair, but such is the situation of differential genetic endowment.

No comments: